Your entry can be a brickfilm that has already been made, or one you make just for this festival, as long as it was published in 2014. You have until the end of the year to submit your brickfilm.
This year's festival will have a prestigious judges panel, with representatives from the Brickfilmer's Guild,Bricks in Motion, Set Bump, Brick à Brack, and Brickboard. The first round of the judging will be done by Big Monkey, after the deadline passes. He will narrow down all of the entries to just 20-40 finalist entries. After the list is made public, any of the judges may save one entry that is not on the finalist list and add it if they choose to do so. This list will be made into a playlist on the Brickfilmer's Guild YouTube Channel.
Big Monkey of thefourmonkeys - Brickfilmer's Guild
David Pickett - Set Bump
Pritchard Studios - Bricks in Motion
Golego - Brickboard
Aiwha - Brick à Brack
Story and Screen Play
Best Overall with Logo (judged by Big Monkey)
BFG Members Choice (Voted on by BFG Members)
Best Brickfilm of Festival
There will also be various honorable mentions categories.
We do not plan on having physical prizes for the festival winners. Winning and being nominated for anything in this festival is the prize itself. If we do get a sponsor to direct ship a prize to a winner, in exchange for advertising on the results video, then that might be a possibility.
1. Email a link of your YouTube or Vimeo brickfilm to email@example.com.
2. Your brickfilm must be uploaded in the year 2014, no exceptions. The YouTube (or Vimeo) video must have a 2014 date. The deadline for submissions is 12:01 A.M. GMT, January 1, 2015.
3. Your entry does not have to be made for this festival, but if you include the BFG logo in the first 5 seconds of your brickfilm, it will make you eligible for the "Best Entry with BFG Logo" category. This category will be judged by Big Monkey only.
4. The principle animation technique must be stop motion.
5. It must be under 15 minutes long.
6. You can enter only one brickfilm. No substitutions are allowed after entry link is received. Sorry, NO exceptions! It is very easy to enter the contest, but choose your brickfilm entry wisely. You have until the end of the year to enter your film.
7. Violence with blood is allowed. Guns, knives, and all other weapons are allowed.
8. Offensive language will be tolerated, but could hurt your score if not used in a necessary manner or if any particular judges find it overly offensive.
9. No sexually offensive material allowed.
10. No offensive racist material will be accepted.
11. If you have questions about this festival, please ask them in this thread. Please do not send questions to the email address for submissions.
12. Use of licensed themes and/or music is allowed.
If your entry is accepted, your name will be added to a the list below and on BIM at: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/topic/19956/2014-brickfilmers-guild-film-festival-announcement/
Link for BFG logo: https://www.flickr.com/photos/thefourmonkeys/15399545593/
If your entry is a finalist, it will help if your video has captions unless there is no dialogue. This is not a requirement but will be very helpful for the international group of judges. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2734796?hl=en
6. Drannion Entertainment
7. Divine Brick Productions
8. Dual Diagnosis
9. Conor Barber
11. Red Onyx Productions
12. MindGame Studios
13. Kévin Ziolkowski (Zioltouch)
16. Legocloneaddict Productions
18. Luke Action Films
19. Dylan Woodley
21. Legostudio01 & A&M Studios
25. Vertigo Studios
30. Funmi Productions
31. END films
33. Annoying Noises Productions - Squid
35. Atlas Animationz
39. Chicken Coop Productions
41. 12AM Productions
42. Rainlight Animations