The results for the BIM Darkness & Light Contest were just announced on a live chat hosted by smeagol (Philip Heinrich). Third place went to 'Experience and Error,' by nswihart. Second place was won by 'The Tree,' by legoguy501. The first place winner was 'Sola Luna,' by rioforce. Congratulations to the winners and all the contestants that made brickfilms for the contest. For discussion of the results, check out the 'The Darkness and Light Results' forum on BIM.
The Brickfilmer's Guild is proud to present the 2015 Brickfilmer's Guild Film Festival. The BFG Film Festival is an online brickfilming festival that will showcase some of the best brickfilms of 2015. We invite all brickfilmers to submit their best brickfilm of 2015.
Your entry can be a brickfilm that has already been made, or one you make just for this festival, as long as it was published in 2015. You have until the end of the year to submit your brickfilm.
This year's festival will have a prestigious judges panel, with representatives from all around the world. The first round of the judging will be done by Big Monkey of thefourmonkeys, after the deadline passes. He will narrow down all of the entries to just 20-40 finalist entries which will be judged by all five judges. This list will be made into a playlist on the Brickfilmer's Guild YouTube Channel.
Big Monkey (Administrator at Brickfilmer's Guild)
David Pickett (Co-founder of Set Bump)
Pritchard Studios (Moderator on BricksInMotion.com)
Mirko Horstmann (Administrator at Brickboard)
Aiwha - Bruno Lefèvre (Developer at Brick Brack)
Story and Screen Play
Best Brickfilm that includes the BFG logo (Judged by Big Monkey)
BFG Members Choice (Voted on by BFG Members)
Best Brickfilm of Festival
There will also be various honorable mention categories.
We will continue the tradition that was started last year. There will be no physical prizes awarded to the winners. Winning and being nominated for anything in this festival is the prize itself, however the winner of "Best Film" will be added to the list of past winners in the BFG Library.
1. Submit your brickfilm by deadline.
2. Your brickfilm must be uploaded in the year 2015, no exceptions. The YouTube (or Vimeo) video must have a 2015 date. The deadline for submissions is 12:01 A.M. GMT, January 1 2016.
3. Your entry does not have to be made for this festival, but if you include the BFG logo in the first 5 seconds of your brickfilm, it will make you eligible for the "Best Entry with BFG Logo" category. This category will be judged by Big Monkey only.
4. The principle animation technique must be stop motion.
5. It must be under 15 minutes long.
6. You can only enter one brickfilm. No substitutions are allowed after entry has been submitted Sorry, NO exceptions! It is very easy to enter the contest, but choose your brickfilm entry wisely. You have until the end of the year to enter your film.
7. Violence with blood is allowed. Guns, knives, and all other weapons are allowed.
8. Offensive language will be tolerated, but could hurt your score if not used in a necessary manner or if any particular judges find it overly offensive.
9. No sexually offensive material allowed.
10. No offensive racist material will be accepted.
11. If you have questions about this festival, please ask them in this thread. Please do not send questions to the email address for submissions.
12. Use of licensed themes and/or music is allowed.
If your entry is accepted, your name will be added to a the list below and on BIM at: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/topic/21780/2015-brickfilmers-guild-film-festival/
Link for BFG logo: https://www.flickr.com/photos/thefourmonkeys/15399545593/
If your entry is a finalist, it will help if your video has captions unless there is no dialogue. This is not a requirement but will be very helpful for the international group of judges. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2734796?hl=en
Eye Daziling Pictures
Jumping Jac Studios
Mustache Maniacs Film Co.
Jam Pot Studios
Annoying Noises Productions
Plastic Planet Productions
Robots With Knives
Ciné Brique 2015 is currently accepting entries for their brickfilm festival. They will accept entries until midnight on October 31st. For information about the festival and Ciné Brique 2015, visit their website at: http://cinebrique.com/en/brickfilm-festival/.
The Brickfilming News and Events blog is written by Dave Smith (Big Monkey) of thefourmonkeys.
- BFG Members
- Brickfilming News and Events
- The Library
- BFG Podcasts
- Brickfilms of the Month
- Brickfilming Tutorials
- Behind the Scenes & More
- VFX Breakdowns
- Stop Motion Builds & Cool Tests
- Brickfilm & Channel Trailers
- Side by Side Comparison
- BFG Discord Chatroom
- Membership Registration
This website is not sponsored, authorized or endorsed by the LEGO Company.